Did you know that 97% of the LAPD’s budget is spent on salaries, leaving only 3% to everything else?
The Los Angeles Police Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides critical resources and vital support to the Los Angeles Police Department. From essential equipment and state-of-the-art technology to specialized training and innovative programs that would otherwise be unfunded, the funding we provide directly improves public safety, impacts officer readiness, and enhances our quality of life. As the largest source of private support for the LAPD, we are passionately dedicated to ensuring that Los Angeles remains America’s safest major city.
Since our establishment in 1998, we have invested nearly $23 million in hundreds of LAPD initiatives that promote excellence, expand capabilities, strengthen neighborhoods and create opportunities for at-risk youth. We believe a safe city is a strong city. Together, we can make a difference.
The LAPF funds grants to the LAPD in the areas of equipment and technology upgrades, specialized training, community outreach and youth programs.
Click on the image below to see what grants were funded to LAPD in 2014.
Click here to learn more about these projects that help keep our city safe.
Make a Direct Contribution
to the LAPF
There are many ways that you can donate to the Los Angeles Police Foundation.
Not interested in shopping? Don’t have an unwanted vehicle to donate? Just click on the donate button and give directly to the LAPF to help the LAPD fight crime in our city.
Donate Your Old Car, Motorcycle or Boat
The process is quick and easy. They will pick up your vehicle and give you a receipt so you can deduct the gross sales price as an itemized deduction on your income taxes. Click on the car to get started!
Every Time You Swipe Your Ralphs Card You Support LAPD
Up to 4% of your monthly purchase to Ralphs will go directly to the LAPD to help fight crime. It’s easy! All you have to do is register your Ralphs Rewards Card online, shop and swipe! Click on the grocery bag to enroll today! (Use NPO #92970)
Support the LAPD on eBay
Are you addicted to eBay? Or are you thinking about selling that surfboard you promised you'd use all summer?
Why not add the Los Angeles Police Foundation to "your causes" on eBay, and you'll be donating to LAPD every time you see "SOLD."
It's easy! Just click here to add LAPF to your causes, choose your desired donation percentage per item, and start selling on eBay to help the LAPD perform at their highest level!
For Above & Beyond Sponsorship Opportunities or to purchase Tickets CLICK HERE
(L-R) LAPF Board Chair Jim Wiatt, 2015 True Blue Honoree Steve Ballmer and LAPD Chief Charlie Beck
pose with the LAPF’s prestigious True Blue Award.
See 2015 True Blue Complete Story Here ›
Special Thanks to Our 2015 True Blue Sponsors ›